An Introductory Training Course for Teenagers with an associated mentor scheme is available for advanced Suzuki students in Year 11-13.
This course helps teenagers to approach Suzuki training in an organised and informed way.
The course aims to:
- Give you an introduction to Suzuki philosophy
- Encourage confidence in working with young beginners and their parents
- Explore the beginning teaching points
- Give tools to help you teach efficiently, effectively and professionally
The course includes eight (8) hours of teaching that covers pedagogy (teaching points) and philosophy. Other topics that may be covered include working with parents, tips for practicing and reviewing and setting up a teaching studio.
On completion of the course, you will be presented with an Introduction to Suzuki Teaching Course completion certificate.
To join the course, you must:
- Be a Suzuki-trained student.
- Have completed:
- Cello – Book 8
- Violin – Bach A Minor Concerto
- Piano or Flute – Book 7
- Be in Year 11 – Year 13 (15 – 18 years old)
- Currently having tuition on your instrument, usually with a registered Suzuki teacher
- Be a current family member of the NZSI
The course is offered and organised by individual NZSI-registered Teacher Trainers.
To find out more about teacher training for teenagers, including details of upcoming courses, please complete the details below and select Submit to send to the Director of Teacher Training.
For all details, please also read this document:IntroductoryTrainingteens