South Island 2020 Timaru Summer Camp
NZSI South Island Branch is hosting a Summer Camp for Suzuki students in the third week of January 2020 in Timaru and a warm invitation is extended to all NZSI members.
The programme will cater for cello, guitar, piano, viola and violin students who are learning from a NZSI Registered teacher.
We are also provisionally accepting registration for flute students, if target numbers are not met by the close of registration then the flute programme will not proceed and all monies will be fully refunded for flute registration.
Tuesday 14th January - Sunday 19th January 2020
Craighead Diocesan School, Wrights Ave, Highfield, Timaru
The camp provides an opportunity for students to refresh and renew their musical interest in an environment that is stimulating and enjoyable. We have a wonderful line-up of experienced Suzuki tutors who will be offering group lessons, technical work and small group master classes. Students will participate in orchestra, ensemble or music enrichment classes.Classes will be held from 8.30am to 3.00pm each day. It is expected that parents will accompany their child/ren to all classes.
This is a holiday experience for the whole family with lots of opportunities for indoor/outdoor games and activities outside of classes. Full details of the programme will be sent to registrants before the start of camp.
SUMMER CAMP TUTORS: (partial list, other tutors to be confirmed)
CELLO – Margaret Cooke - Auckland
GUITAR – Royden Smith - Wellington
PIANO – Mary Barber - Wellington
VIOLIN/VIOLA – Masaki Nakamura - Sydney, Moirsheen Kelly - Melbourne, Anne Lardner - Christchurch, Milly Rout - Auckland, (additional violin tutors to be announced)
ENRICHMENT – Lucy Kelly - Christchurch
ORCHESTRA – Hugo Zanker - Christchurch
* Monday 21st October - Registration Opens.
* Sunday 28th October - Final day for Early-bird Registration AND Payment. Normal tuition fee applies to payments made after this date.
* Sunday 17th November - Final day for Registration, late registrations are subject to a $50 administration fee.
* Sunday 1st December - Final day for Payment. PLEASE NOTE THAT ONLY COMPLETED AND FULLY PAID REGISTRATIONS WILL BE TIMETABLED.
To register, click here. Registrations close: 10pm Sunday the 17th of November 2019. Registration is NOT complete until full payment is received. Payment is due in full by 1st December 2019 10pm.
* The Early-bird price applies to the tuition fee only. Registration AND payment must be made by the 28th October 10pm otherwise the normal tuition fee will be applied.
Flyer information for camp is available here.
TUITION FEE: (for all Instruments for 5 days of classes)
* Pre-Twinkle/Twinkles – $130 per student, Early-bird Price - $125
The Twinkles programme for students includes one daily group lesson and one daily music enrichment class. If you would prefer to include a Master class as part of the program, please enrol your child into the Book level programme.
* Book 1-2 (4-5 students per masterclass) – $230 per student, Early-bird Price - $220
* Book 3-5 (3 students per masterclass) – $270 per student, Early-bird Price - $260
* Book 6+ (2 students per masterclass) – $340 per student, Early-bird Price - $330
The Book level programme includes daily masterclass, group class and enrichment/guitar ensemble/orchestra. Please note that the tuition fee reflects the number of students in the masterclass at that level.
* Musical Enrichment for Siblings, 3-12yo – $65 per student, Early-bird Price - $60
The Musical Enrichment programme includes ONE daily group lesson.
* Camping – Under 2yo - Free, 2-4yo - $6 per night, 5yo+ - $10 per night.
* Dormitory – Under 2yo - Free, 2-4yo - $12 per night, 5yo+ - $24 per night.
* Offsite Facility Fee - $50. For those families staying offsite, we charge a fee of $50 per family to contribute to the cost of the hireage of the school.
For those families who book dormitory accommodation, this is allocated on full payment and in order of registration.
* Breakfast – 2-4yo - $3.10, 5yo+ - $6.20
* Lunch – 2-4yo - $4.25, 5yo+ - $8.45
* Dinner – 2-4yo - $5.90, 5yo+ - $11.75
* A full refund for food and accommodation will be made if registration is cancelled prior to the camp start date.
* An administration fee of $100 will be charged for cancellation of a registration.
* For unavoidable circumstances such as illness, injury or bereavement please contact the organisers as soon as possible prior to the start of camp.
The South Island Branch does not insure you for your attendance at camp and we are not usually able to refund your registration costs, particularly tuition costs, after registration has closed. We suggest that families consider arranging domestic trip cancellation insurance to cover your costs in the case that you needed to cancel your attendance at Summer Camp due to unforeseen circumstances.
For more information about the event, please contact email@example.com