The New Zealand Suzuki Institute (NZSI) was formed about 40 years ago and is a countrywide organisation with branches in major centres, consisting of families and Suzuki teachers. Its purpose is to promote the Suzuki philosophy and approach, and to assist students and families in their learning and enjoyment of music. You can email the Administrative Officer at firstname.lastname@example.org for any membership or general matters or write to us at PO 633 Wellington, 6140. You can fill out a membership form on this web site and print it out for posting OR fill in the form and submit on line on line if you have the latest version of Adobe Reader. See our membership page.
Contact details for branch delegates are available elsewhere on this website.
Branches of the NZSI offer its members:
- Regular workshops during school holidays, sourcing Suzuki tutors from throughout NZ and overseas.
- Music camps that the entire family may attend.
- Access to national and international Suzuki conferences.
- Opportunities for students at all levels of the Suzuki repertoire to perform at concerts.
- A national Journal providing articles on the Suzuki approach and related topics, and information about Suzuki events.
- The opportunity to attend parent information and education meetings.
- Access to Suzuki library resources.
- In some cases branches facilitate orchestra training and ensemble experience for student members.
- A graduation process for students who wish to submit their playing to review.
- On-going professional development is provided by the NZSI to teacher members in the interests of maintaining and increasing professional standards.
These opportunities and other NZSI events enable families to become part of a greater musical community. They enrich the lives of all concerned in an atmosphere of mutual support and encouragement.
We welcome your NZSI membership to access and enjoy these benefits. Your family will develop life long friendships with others who share your interest in the values of Dr Suzuki's philosophy.